A Right-of-Way Permit is required for all work in the City right-of-way including sidewalks, streets, curbs and gutter, associated driveways and any directional boring in public Right-of-Way. Permits can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To obtain a permit, contractors should:
1. Schedule a meeting with the City Engineer or his/her representative in the field to determine the scope of work
2. Complete the Right-of-Way Permit and pay a deposit and inspection fee (a Building Permit is also required for a sewer-line-repair.)
3. Schedule your work with the City representative and keep them updated of your schedule or any changes.
4. Notify the City Engineer or his/her representative when construction activities occur so proper inspections may be done. Failure to provide such notification may result in the work not being accepted and the forfeiture of your deposit. Deposit will be returned six (6) months after notification of completion of work and final inspection approval.
5. Each Permittee shall hold no more than 10 Right-of-Way Permits involving active directional boring.
6. Each Right-of-Way Permit applied for shall not exceed 2,000 linear feet per permit.
7. Permittee is collectively the utility provider, contractor, and sub-contractor and all parties must be co-listed on the Permit. All parties must submit a Certificate of Insurance (COI) for every permit applied for with the City.
8. All contractors must have a City Business License.
9. Click here to review updated City Ordinance which includes reference to violations and penalties.
|Curb & Gutter||$25.00/linear feet|
|Non-Refundable Inspection Fee||$30.00|
|Curb & Gutter Replacement||$25.00/linear feet|
|Non-Refundable Inspection Fee||L ÷100 x $20.00|