1. Must have all City of Washington bills (utilities, miscellaneous invoices) paid
2. Approved Commercial Certificate of Occupancy (If occupying a location within the City Limits)
3. Paid copy of personal property and real estate tax receipts for the business from the previous year from Franklin County, MO
4. Proof of NO-TAX-DUE statement for any business with a sales tax number and where goods are sold at retail
5. Proof of worker’s comp insurance for contractors with employees (RSMo 287.061) or notarized Affidavit of Exemption
Note: Effective January 01, 2009, in accordnace with State Senate Bill No. 30, section 144.083:
A statement of “NO TAX DUE” issued from the Missouri Department of Revenue, shall be required before the issuance or renewal of any city, county or state occupation license required for conducting any business where goods are sold at retail. The statement of no tax due shall be dated no longer than ninety (90) days before the date of submission for application or renewal of the license. This form can be printed, then mailed or brought into City Hall with payment. https://dor.mo.gov/.