Regular meetings of the City of Washington, Missouri, 353 Redevelopment Corporation are held on the first Wednesday of every other month at 8 a.m. in the Council Chambers of City Hall. The meetings are open to the public.
The Corporation was founded on August 25, 1988. It consists of 13 Board Members who all play an active role in the industrial development of the City of Washington, MO. The Corporation assists various aspects of industrial development which includes the following:
1. The acquisition of property for industrial park development.
2. Assist in the expansion of existing businesses within the community.
3. The recruitment of both domestic and international industries.
4. The marketing of the community worldwide through marketing trips.
5. An active regional member in the St. Louis RCGA and its endeavors in industrial development.
6. The Corporation interacts continuously with with City of Washington’s Council and Mayor in the assistance with industrial economic development. The Corporation’s Executive Board plays a vital role in the negotiations with the incentive plans that are offered to industrial prospects during the negotiations.
7. In addition to the above entities, the Washington 353 Redevelopment Corporation cooperates and assist’s in the financing, bonding, building and leasing of industrial facilities with its sister corporation, the Washington Industrial Development Authority and WCIC.