1.25 acre park
•Future plans include a fence to separate the small and large dogs
•Located at Kingsland and Simmonds Drive behind the Wastewater Treatment Plant on the East end of the Rotary Riverfront Trail
South Point Bark Park Rules & Regulations:
1. All dogs must be calm and submissive prior to entering the off-leash area.
2. Aggressive dogs or dangerous dogs are not permitted. Owners are legally and financially responsible for their dogs and injuries or damage caused by their dogs.
3. All dogs must have been vaccinated prior to using the off-leash area. Dogs known to carry any disease or parasite transmittable to other dogs or humans are not permitted.
4. All dogs must be spayed or neutered.
5. Dog feces (and/or dog waste) must be picked up and disposed of properly by owners immediately.
6. Puppies under four months of age are not permitted.
7. All dogs must be on a leash until inside the fenced area.
8. No dogs over 20 lbs. in the small dog park fenced area.
9. Dog owners must carry a leash at all times, closely supervise their dogs and at no time may the owner leave the fenced area without his/her dog.
10. Limit of three (3) dogs per person in the off-leash area.
11. Gates must remain closed except when entering and exiting the off-leash area.
12. Dogs must be under visual and voice control at all times. Excessive barking or uncontrollable dogs must be removed immediately.
13. Owners must stop dogs from digging and fill any holes caused by their dogs immediately.
14. Pinch, spike and choke collars must be removed prior to entering the fenced off-leash area.
15. No children under ten (10) years of age are allowed in the fenced off-leash area. Older children must be under adult supervision and must not be permitted to run, shout, scream, or otherwise excite or antagonize dogs in the off-leash area. Dog handlers/owners must be at least sixteen (16) years of age.
16. No one may conduct any kind of commercial or professional business in the Dog Park without approval from the Parks & Recreation Director or his/her designee.
17. No climbing on or over the fenced area.
18. No smoking or tobacco use is allowed in the park.
19. No food items are allowed within the off-leash area.
20. Animals other than dogs are not permitted.
21. Bicycles, skateboards, roller skates or blades, or any motorized vehicles or devices are not permitted.
22. The word “Owner” applies to the adult person accompanying the dog(s).
23. Hours of usage are from sunrise to sunset.
24. All dog owners who fail to comply with the above rules may be asked to leave the dog park and their privileges revoked.
25. Owners must otherwise comply with all rules governing the park and relevant parking regulations.
26. Use of the off-leash area by any dog constitutes implied consent of the dog’s owner to all of the conditions stated in this section and constitutes a waiver of liability to the City of Washington and an agreement and undertaking to protect, indemnify, defend and hold the C ity of Washington harmless from any claims, suits or other actions caused by the conduct of a dog owner or their dog.
101 Kingsland Drive
Washington, MO 63090